۲۰۱۶ :DRAFT ISO/TS 16949
The IATF has approved the first draft of the new automotive quality standard to include additional stakeholder feedback. The revision work team is preparing for an April 2016 conference to obtain further stakeholder input. The IATF intends to release the transition strategy from ISO/TS 16949:2009 to the new automotive quality standard in April 2016.
Pilot gap assessments will be conducted May through June 2016 worldwide. Feedback from gap assessments will be used to further refine the new automotive quality standard and the associated Rules for achieving and maintaining IATF recognition. The target date for completion of the new automotive quality standard is December 2016.
Some of the new enhancements to the automotive quality standard to address recent issues in the automotive industry include the following:
- Requirements for safety-related parts and processes
- Enhanced product traceability requirements to support latest regulatory changes
- Requirements for products with embedded software
- Warranty management process including addressing NTF (no trouble found) and use of automotive industry guidance
- Clarification of sub-tier supplier management and development requirements
- Addition of corporate responsibility requirements